[meteorite-list] The Trials and Tribulations in Dealing with Landowners

From: Darryl Pitt <darryl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 08:48:33 -0500

Hi Jeff....List....

I don't know....

....it is commercial gain which has been the engine behind so much of the last decade's expanding interest in meteorites which has resulted in hundreds of important new meteorites for science.

While I understand your sensitivity, I don't think a real issue is the postulated object of desire of an imaginary cult group.

Also, a detail. As it regards marketing to the list of high profile bimbettes in the list below---one doesn't really market to them. One gives to them and they then market to the rest of us who choose to pay attention. In a similar vein, I have recently worked to encourage the interest of the black community's interest in meteorites through the music portal. I've met with Russell Simmons regarding the same and hopefully something will soon stick.

All best / darryl