[meteorite-list] Yet another PA fireball

From: Marc Fries <fries_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 13:53:46 -0800

I think I may have found it on radar. The radar data is noisy on all the radars in range, but there is one feature that appears in the 1736 UTC data set of the KDIX radar outside Philly. It features multiple altitude signals and a Doppler velocity pair (i.e. turbulence). Location is 40.19498, -73.6645. If it is a meteorite signature then it is roughly the size of the Grimsby fall.

Two words: Scuba gear. Or two other words: Fishy Squisher.

This is preliminary and I could be wrong - especially given how noisy the radar imagery is - but it looks like a decent radar signature in the general area and direction where the fireball was reported. I'm getting the location and direction from Mike Hankey's work and the time from the myfoxphilly.com news report.

Rats.

Cheers,
Marc Fries