[meteorite-list] Question of Iridium in LDG?

From: Carl 's <carloselguapo1_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 13:23:33 -0800

Hello All,

I bought a small piece of darkish green Libyan Desert Glass from a seller in Tucson. He told me it was dark green from iridium. I had thought the difference in color was from iron. My memory has been really terrible lately so I don't doubt the seller at all. I know this man has forgotten more about meteorites than I will ever know. I think this subject has been covered in the past but can't remember when. Can someone direct me to some links on iridium/iron in LDG so I can learn more? Thanks!

Carl2