[meteorite-list] The recent Ebay "Apollo Moon Rock"

From: Steve Schoner <schoner_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 05:14:38 GMT

I sent an e-mail to the NASA Johnson Space Center regarding the supposed "authentic" Apollo moon rock that is not a meteorite with the link to that Ebay auction.

Here is the first reply that I got:
--------
Dear Steve Schoner:

Your query was forwarded to me. The rock for sale on eBay is/was not a real Moon rock.

Sincerely,

Jennifer Ross-Nazzal, Ph.D.
Historian, NASA Johnson Space Center
ITAMS Contract
17047 El Camino Real, Suite 217
Houston, TX 77058
281-486-3942
jennifer.m.ross-nazzal at nasa.gov

http://www.jsc.nasa.gov/history/history_office.htm
--------
I might get a few more responses as I sent a couple of e-mails out to other NASA departments that handle Apollo moon rocks.

Steve Schoner