[meteorite-list] Tucson lodging advice help ??

From: Jim Wooddell <nf114ec_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 10:03:13 -0700

Richard,

I stayed in Marana last year at the Motel 6 that Ruben mentioned on Ina
Road. The prices did not increase for the show and it was an "ok" Motel 6.

It's a 10 mile easy freeway drive to the show and not much of a problem at
all.
I am staying there again this year. I booked months ago but if I remember
right it was under $70/night and they do accept AARP cards for discounts.

Mike's description of the prices was spot on. A room worth $70/night or
less gets about $180 to $250 per night for the show closer to town. Way out
of my price range.

I'll be there the weekend of the bash and auction doing some filming with
Ruben. I'll also be running around during the show filming and if anyone
want to be filmed or show your rooms to the world, I need to kinda get an
idea. This will be on MTV (Meteorite TV) at some point during the show (at
least that's the plan right now!) There maybe two streaming feeds this
year, but Ruben and I will work that all out and come up with a schedule of
sorts,,,,,should be fun!

Cheers

Jim

Jim Wooddell