[meteorite-list] Allende meteorite selling for around $40 a gram!!!

From: Darryl Pitt <darryl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 16:48:40 -0500

Hi,

After having curated the sale of more than 1000 specimens in traditional auctions since having introduced the auction of meteorites in the mid 90s, I can tell you Mike is 100% correct. There are trends, and there are aberrations---and this is an example of the latter. That is,..for now. ;-) And please don't forget my price received on the Allende is a chunk lower than might otherwise be imagined as I also have to pay a nice chunk to the house.

d,