[meteorite-list] PayPal eCheck rate hike

From: MexicoDoug <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 13:43:00 -0400

Dear List, this is pretty serious and relevant to the meteorite trade:

Looks like PayPal slipped one quietly past us: No more $5.00 eChecks,
now they charge the same fee on everything, whether from a credit or
debit card, your money in their custody, or now just to broker a check
out of your bank account.

Effective Date: Jul 12, 2011

? Amendment to the PayPal User Agreement

Purchase Payment Fee cap for Sellers who receive eCheck payments. If
you are a Seller, your Purchase Payment Fees are set out in Section 8
(Fees). Currently, your Purchase Payment Fee for eCheck-funded payments
is capped at a maximum of $5.00. After the effective date listed above,
this $5.00 cap will no longer be applied. Your Fee for receiving
eCheck-funded payments will continue to be calculated according to the
rates set out in Section 8.

Best wishes
Doug