[meteorite-list] Sale Ad / Moapa Valley CM1 Main Mass and Slices for sale

From: Count Deiro <countdeiro_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 21:43:54 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Hello List,

I made a recent trip an hour north of my house with three other hunters to search the location listed in the MetSoc Bulletin for Sonny Clary's rare CM1 find.

The coordinates published put the finds location in the near center of a fifty lot residential sub-division in Overton, Nevada. To be more precise, in some homeowners side yard at the SW corner of Vista View and Cave Ave. Of course, we we decided not to bother the folks and didn't hunt the sub-division.

My questions are. Was the find really made there..in that sub-division, or are the coordinates incorrect in the Bulletin...and if so, was this done on purpose? If intentional, another question begs to be asked. Is science served by misleading coordinates being submitted and knowingly published? And further, what would motivate the person who submits erroneous information.

Count Deiro
IMCA 3536