[meteorite-list] Shirokovsky

From: Gary Fujihara <fujmon_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 07:49:09 -1000

Since it was stated that the external surfaces of Shirokovsky were never seen, here is a poster of the Shirokovsky "expedition 2003" with several individuals and endcuts showing the external surfaces of the stone: http://bigkahuna-meteorites.com/Images/Shirokovski.jpg

Here is a photos of my endcut which also shows external surfaces and internal structure:
http://bigkahuna-meteorites.com/Images/Shiro500a.jpg
http://bigkahuna-meteorites.com/Images/Shiro500b.jpg
http://bigkahuna-meteorites.com/Images/Shiro-508b.jpg
http://bigkahuna-meteorites.com/Images/Shiro-508c.jpg

Yeah, Shiro is not a meteorite and is probably manmade. But it is an attractive meteorwrong, and like many meteorites, it is a stone with an interesting story behind it.

gary

>>> http://www.PolandMET.com marcin(at)polandmet.com