[meteorite-list] Shirokovsky

From: Marcin Cimala <marcin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 00:40:27 +0200

Slice was sold, maybe happy buyer is on the list and can check this for You.
For me, the dark area on top is low nickel or even no nickel iron becouse it
goes dark imediatelly I start etch it. Like in industry iron. But the silver
bottom part I think its not melted nickel plates/fragments, becouse they
stay mirror polished and not react with 20% etching solition. For me its the
only reason why acid do nothing to them. But I can be wrong.
I personally do not make nickel tests, I just etch and see what happend.

http://www.Meteoryty.pl marcin(at)meteoryty.pl
http://www.PolandMET.com marcin(at)polandmet.com
http://www.Gao-Guenie.com GSM: +48 (793) 567667