[meteorite-list] AD: Meteorites and Book Collection for sale

From: Bruce Wegmann <brucewegmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 23:21:22 -0700

      Doing the final switch-over from meteorites to rare watches...can't
afford to do both.

Available now:

Allende CV3, outstanding, pristine specimen purchased 25 years ago, from the
Frederick Pough material collected immediately after the fall. 231.75 grams
Comes with custom rosewood display base and engraved ID plaque. $2500 or
best offer over 2000, pics on request.

Mundrabilla Fantastic, three-lobed clubfoot-shaped, 565 grams. Stands
stably in multiple, eye-catching orientations. .Also comes with custom
rosewood display base and engraved ID plaque. One "lobe" was threatening to
detach and was re-inforced with epoxy...visible but not distractingly
obvious. With Mundrabilla, shape is everything, and this is about as good
as it gets. Ex-Haag. $1500 or best offer over $1000. Pics on request.

Meteorite Books. I like to think one of the better collections in the US,
accumulated over a period of ten years, starting in the mid-80s. Everything
you'd want and almost everything you'd want to see, including:

Near-complete set of Meteoritics, through mid-90s
Buchwald 3-volume set, mint
Krinov classics, Principles of Meteoritcs, and Giant Meteorites, mint and
flawless
Farrington, both 1915 books, Meteorites of North America, and Meteorites,
outstanding condition
Both O'Keefe books on Tekites, mint
Two NIPR Red Books on the Yamato finds, incredible picture reference,
virtually unobtainable Every modern book on meteorites written since 1980
(scores of volumes), plus older reference material, including a four-volume
set of all published meteorite articles from Sky and Telescope by authors
who eventually organized the Meteoritical Society...again, virtually
unobtainable
Every, and I mean EVERY, book and phamplet that Nininger ever wrote, signed.
Many duplicates, including two copies of Our Stone-Pelted Planet... one
signed for me in March of 1986 (almost certainly the last copy he ever
signed, just four months before his passing), and a mint copy inscribed by
both Nininger and his wife in 1949 (near-mint, original dust jacket; I doubt
more than a handful of equal or superior examples exist).
All editions of the Catalog of Meteorites back to 1926
and much more; I will have to go through all the boxes and make a more
comprehensive list.

If you have the meteorites, but thought it would take years to put together
a good reference library...here it is, all in one place. Looking for
$30k...might consider a part-trade (say, one-third) situation for rare
meteorites (planetaries or other exotic achondrites), but only at a price
per gram where I can immediately re-sell them to make up the difference
(remember, I am looking for cash, not to re-build a collection).

Serious inquires can be emailed to brucewegmann at gmail.com, or you can
contact me directly at (858) 565-7038 I am in San Diego, so please bear
in mind any potential time-zone difference.