[meteorite-list] Rocks from Space Picture of the Day - April 8, 2011

From: Mark Grossman <markig_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 18:19:11 -0400

Actually if the adhesive is really old, I think it may be starch-based.
Comes off real easy with water, but not so good for the meteorite.

Later adhesives will not come off with water, and trying to remove them this
way can destroy them.

Reason I comment on this - same issue with trying to remove old manuscript
letters that were pasted into autograph albums to "preserve" them. As with
the letters, it is probably best to leave the labels and meteorite as is.
At least to me, those labels add quite a bit to the specimen.

Great photo!

Mark

Mark Grossman
Meteorite Manuscripts