[meteorite-list] Apologies

From: Mark Bowling <minador_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 14:51:44 -0700 (PDT)

My apologies to the list - this was meant to be between me and GeoZay.? MikeG I
didn't intend to do this on purpose.? My apologies.

Please let's stop - the old saying about mixing politics and religion is for
this very reason.? None of us will ever see eye to eye on these complex topics.

I'm a mining engineer and I see a lot said that just does not fit what I have
learned or experienced.? I don't want to drink oil or pour it on the beach.? I
don't want to give up my car either.? I don't want my privilege of being born in
the USA and my lifestyle choices being exported onto the backs on the powerless
masses in the third world, whose homes and ecosystems are being destroyed, and
their safety and health being destroyed because, as I see it, we, who consume
most of everything made, do not want to see a relatively pristine oil rig or
open pit mine anywhere near anywhere we go.

I respect those who choose to forgo cars and electricity because they don't want
to burden the earth.? I do not respect those who want to force others to change
their lifestyles, while they do not.? I see a lot of complaining about problems,
but I don't see much leadership offered.? I see a lot of proposals for
alternative energy, but I don't see them putting?their money into those
investments.? I see America exporting and outsourcing more and more while the
debt load continues to grow.? Our politicians have been lying to us by
downplaying our debt.

Mark Bowling
Vail, Arizona?