[meteorite-list] New York Times Article

From: Richard Montgomery <rickmont_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 17:25:48 -0700

Hi Listoids...

The NYT get's way too much credibility. Responding to their tactics merely
feeds their fire. I think they did it to bait the whole concept of private
property meteorite ownership, having found a 'non-political' way to
demagogue entrepeneurism (my opinion, of course.)

This is mis-information media vs. one of the most pristine entities of all
time. It's almost as if they are squealing-giddy because they think they've
discovered an Achillies heel in a relatively unknown synergistic phenomenon,
(excuse my spelling)...and feel that perhaps a wedge can be driven between
academics and private enterprise. Obviously, they don't know crap about it,
or in the least with whom they are dealing.

My point, is, not to over-react to a non-credible source.

When an idiot wants to make a fool of himself, often it's best to stand back
and watch. The NYT is losing readership and credibility every time they try
to be relevent.

-Richard Montgomery