[meteorite-list] New York Times Article

From: Brian Cox <searchingforfun_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 10:07:59 -0500

Dirk and list,

I think our best Media Face at this time certainly seems to be Geoff and
Steve. Steve and Geoff do you think your producers would be able to fit a
segment into your next show that deals with this perception of the Meteorite
Community or even just a quick spot that states this is a legitimate hobby
and that we are hard working honest people that love meteorites or something
outstanding that would help to turn what this article had done into a
positive view of us.

I don't think this can wait much longer and needs to be addressed
immediately. It would be a shame for this negative image to be spread out
there in the world and that we're more than helpful in this hobby in
assisting the scientific community and I think the sooner it's dealt with
and squashed the better. My fear is that if we don't do something that bad
stories and rumors will fly. If you guys are able to possibly even just add
on a 30 second spot at the beginning or end of any of your reruns that it
would help you guys and help all of us greatly.

We definitely need good publicity and I don't want to put you guys on the
spot and I know it's a lot to ask but if you could get your producers and
the network to work something in I definitely feel that in the long run it
would be great publicity for your show and would make sure you keep the
viewers you have and hopefully bring in new viewers.

All the best to everyone.

Brian