[meteorite-list] Meteorites most resistant to oxidation?

From: Melanie Matthews <miss_meteorite_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 19:22:09 -0700 (PDT)

Murray Lake seems to be a special case. From what i read, a protective crust
formed on the outside of the meteorite as a result of weathering.. When cut has
it been found to be more stable than any other iron meteorite? Also, i've read
that Seymchan and the Springwater pallasits, are quite stable too. My Brenhams
are already rusting and the olivines falling out..

-Melanie
IMCA: 2975
eBay: metmel2775
Known on SkyRock Cafe as SpaceCollector09

I eat, sleep and breath meteorites 24/7.