[meteorite-list] Twice Blessed Yankee Lobsterman

From: Bob Loeffler <bobl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 20:23:16 -0600

Hi Dave,

I was only trying to tell you that those are not official meteorites, but if
you were "well aware that the two Round Pond meteorites had not been
mentioned with official citations", I would think that you would be well
aware that they then cannot be considered meteorites (since they have not
been officially classified).

Regarding wasting our time and what your style is, I have not seen too many
postings from you, so I have no idea what your style is or whether you were
wasting our time. From what you said in your e-mail, I assumed you were a
meteorite "newbie", not just a newbie to this list. Like I said above, I
was just trying to let you know that they aren't official (so you probably
won't find many details about them).

If you had told us that the Maine Geological Survey mentioned them on their
website, maybe that could've helped us research it, don't you think? And
next time, you might want to say that you have already done some research
and therefore others who want to help you won't repeat what you have already
done.

Regards,

Bob