[meteorite-list] (OT) Habital Planet Discovery Announcement

From: Chris Peterson <clp_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 19:18:11 -0600

Surface gravity compared with Earth can be approximated as m/r^2, where m is
in Earth masses and r is in Earth radii. If this new planet is only three
Earth masses and is 1.4 Earth radii, its surface gravity will be 1.5g. If
the planet is four Earth masses and 1.2 Earth radii, its surface gravity
will be 2.8g. 2g would seem to be a reasonable mid-range value if we take
intermediate values for size and mass.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory