[meteorite-list] Origins continued Lagrange Points...was NWA 5400 Age & Origin Processes

From: MEM <mstreman53_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 10:28:19 -0700 (PDT)

This discussion prompted me to wonder what reservoirs might exist that could
preserve any big wack debris which was not re-accreted onto the Earth or Moon.
I came up with the natural orbital parking lot known as the Earth Trojans. For
those unaware, they orbit in the Lagrangian point's L4 and L5 which are
60degrees ahead and behind Earth's relative orbit around the Sun. (There is a
rumor afoot that we are going to send a mission to the Trojans but I don't know
which planetary swarm of Trojans that might be, In theory all planets have their
own Trojans). Langrngian point Trojan orbits are theoretically very stable and
long lived but not immune to being rewacked out of that comfort zone from time
to time.

Is anyone aware of the of spectral matches with the bracinites or bracinite and
a possible

parent body? Have any spectral matches been found in the Earth Trojans ?
And are there any bracinite candidates in the Lagrange points/ Earth Trojans?

Other possible long lived locations might be a a steeply inclined polar orbit
around earth although lunar mechanics might not permit that. There has also
been much speculation about the existence of a debris swarm at the Lunar
Lagrangian points as well.

Elton
For a discussion of Lagrange points:
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagrangian_point>