[meteorite-list] NWA 6292 (BRA) IS paired to NWA 5400 !

From: countdeiro at earthlink.net <countdeiro_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 20:57:10 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Tom amd List,

Meteorites are not only a passion of mine, but an investment ..like stocks and bonds...or art works. The only way I have any protection for my investment is if dealers can be trusted to follow the same high standards when dealing in rarites. I'm not talking about paying ridiculous prices for new falls. Leave that to those who must have a specimen now...or think the total weight will remain a reported low. I'm talking about a specimen that was over two years in analysis, including oxygen studies, that gets released and then immediately someone in Morocco comes up with a box full of stones that a scientist, whom I personally don't think put out a complete analysis, says are paired.

Further proof of the pudding is that the suspect pairings all get offered for sale...right now and at bargain prices for even what they are purported to be...That's opportunism and profiteering in my book.

I'm not whining. I'll take my chances. I just obtained a beautiful crusted slice of Wold Cottage with superb provenance that I could ill afford, but I trusted the dealer and to me it's not only historic, gorgeous and rare, but a goood investment for my rapidly inflating American dollars. I am for standardization of classification and analysis.

Best to all,

Count Deiro
IMCA 3536