[meteorite-list] New radar post - I suspect that y'all are going to want to see this

From: Richard Kowalski <damoclid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 11:58:35 -0700 (PDT)

Hey Marc & Eric,

I'm not arguing against any of your points. I'm just remarking that since it isn't a fresh fall that is currently getting widespread media attention, the buzz isn't being generated, so the list is quiet.

I suspect that some local hunters are in the early stages of data gathering, but those who have to travel longer distances aren't as willing to spend the time and money to jump out of their chairs and get there to start searching just yet.

Not being a hunter myself, I can't say for sure. I may be way off here too. For all I know the silence is because no one wants to tip their hands and let anyone else know they are on their way.

--
Richard Kowalski
Full Moon Photography