[meteorite-list] Gigapan and Barratta Thin Section

From: ted brattstrom <volcanoted_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 22:39:15 -0700 (PDT)

Aloha Count - and all...

Just had a look at both the xpol and regular light. I think what we have there is - first of all, an area with no material except the adhesive used to adhere the rock to the slide - And, within that area, some bubbles in the adhesive.

Now - in the xpol image, the artifacts are in the same location as the bubbles - so, I agree, they are likely to be reflections... If you look at other areas, top left, and a few other "empty" spaces - you can find other bubbles, and other reflections.

Now to see if they are in the higher magnification images :-)

Cheers - ted