[meteorite-list] FW: Rock identification??

From: Aubrey Whymark <tinbider_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 08:51:56 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Mark

Concrete would be my guess too. That being the case it should have a considerably lower specific gravity than a meteorite. I'm sure they won't mind if you dump it in water to test that! I recently had a guy see a new type of tektite fall from the sky. Amazingly it looked like a marble and even had yellow, red and blue frit on it. I had to tell the guy someone had probably thrown it at him....

Aubrey