[meteorite-list] FW: Rock identification??

From: Mark Ford <mark.ford_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 14:51:03 +0100

yes, that had been my first thought, mortar or concrete, however it has
numerous spherical glassy inclusions, and what look like larger melted
black glassy features. Some of the spherules are very glassy clear
red-brown some are opaque non glassy. I think I have just found one
small metallic grain. Only thing is its not normal for concrete to have
perfectly spherical glassy features?

I've just uploaded another pic showing a spherule.

The black inclusions in the pic are quite glassy looking, with vesicles
in them.

http://s911.photobucket.com/albums/ac315/meteoritemark/

Any help appreciated with this one, it's a bit strange!

Mark