[meteorite-list] collectors meteorites in research was Rust Question about my stone meteorite. BKF is the best :)

From: Peter Scherff <peterscherff_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 15:51:37 -0400

Hi Tom,

        I provided some meteorites to a University that was studying
"Material Properties" for the Department of Defense. The meteorites that I
provided were irons or fusion crusted stones. I saw some great images. But I
never learned just what the research involved due to the research being
"classified".

Thanks,

Peter