[meteorite-list] Venusian meteorites

From: Carl 's <carloselguapo1_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 09:13:41 -0700

Hi Mike, Chris and list,

I've often wondered the same thing. Were there any studies on matching the Venusian atmosphere to some ungrouped achondrites or other meteorites, similar to gases trapped in Martian meteorites to it's atmosphere?

Thanks! Carl2

MikeG wrote:
>...I am going to take a wild layman stab at this one and then Sterling
Webb can come in and clean up my mess. ;) LOL
All of the confirmed planetary meteorites we have seen (barring the
disputed Angrite-Mercury connection) come from planets further out
from the sun than Earth. So I am guessing that maybe the Sun's
gravitational influence would have more effect on a Venusian rock that
manages to escape that acidic and hellish world...

Chris wrote:
Where the Venusian meteorites?