[meteorite-list] YD impact "debate"

From: Richard Montgomery <rickmont_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 21:03:06 -0700

Impact history is almost entirely unknown to the public in general. I
suspect that the denial of such effects on speciization theory is
conveniently being ignored by the scientific community whose funding is
derived by political motive. Who with knowledge of impact history has taken
the opportunity to go on record with the Nobel Prize committee, for example.

I, for one, consider the ommission of impact history an abomination (yet
when their consideration for a Prize winner gives more weight to political
impacts by a human-created spray-cans vs. meteoritic, astronomic and real
data, who can doubt the motive.)