[meteorite-list] YD impact "debate"

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 19:41:22 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Paul, all -

Go to http://cosmictusk.com

This "debate" is pretty much all over, though we can expect denial to continue for the next 30 years or so, based on our experience with the KT impacts. All that that denial did was to retard research for much of that time, and I expect that the same thing may happen with this impact.

I also think this denial may have to do with the inability of some people to accept that impacts pose a threat, or to give up their earlier explanations for the observed data, or because they view research into impact as a threat to the funding of research more personally important to them.

E.P. Grondine
Man and Impact in the Americas