[meteorite-list] Ebays Buyer Protection is Guaranteed

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 21:47:37 -0400

eBay abandoned it's sellers long ago in favor of catering to buyers.
It's part of the reason I left eBay and set up my own ecommerce
website. And I have never looked back - my sales are better through
my own website and I only pay $9.95 a month, regardless of how much I
sell. If I sell a million dollars worth of merchandise, my fee is
still only $9.95.

Sure, eBay has more traffic and visitors than any other marketplace,
but that does not always translate into sales. And in my case, it
didn't. The minute I left eBay, my sales quadrupled.

But, I still buy on eBay and I keep a token listing or two going just
to act as a "business card" in the listings - and that practice is
going to end next month when I quit eBay entirely as a seller.

If you are a buyer, eBay is great, because eBay will completely cater
to you at the expense of the seller. I've gotten some great deals on
eBay as a buyer.

So thus is the nature of my love-hate relationship with eBay. :)

BTW - for you eBay meteorite dealers, when you are reading to stop
getting raped on fees, check out HighWire ecommerce -
http://app.highwire.com/?ref=meteorite

Best regards,

MikeG

Website - http://www.galactic-stone.com