[meteorite-list] Fwd: Clear plastic display boxes / try a membrane box

From: martin goff <msgmeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 16:50:24 +0100

Sorry if this reply posts twice!

Cheers

Martin

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: martin goff <msgmeteorites at googlemail.com>
Date: 1 September 2010 06:33
Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] Clear plastic display boxes / try a membrane box
To: R N Hartman <rhartman04 at earthlink.net>

Hi Ron, Greg and list,

Thanks for that and I do use membrane boxes a lot but as they don't
accommodate dessicant they don't work with my iron slices. I have
tried and the specimens started to rust. The only fail safe way that
works for me, where I live is to use the boxes I initially mentioned
and sandwich dessicant between the foam under the specimen. Using
clear tape these are then sealed. This gives a solution that not only
looks good but has worked to preserve the specimens too. I have had
specimens like this for years with no rust whatsoever. Also as the box
is sealed the small amount of dessicant lasts indefinitely. I know
Mike Farmer and Mirko Graul as well as others use the same boxes with
the same results. Only thing is, they only come in the 2 smaller
sizes. I need exactly the same thing but a lot bigger!

Thanks for all the suggestions though and Ron don't think that I don't
like membrane boxes as I do use them extensively.

Cheers

Martin

Sent from my HTC Desire mobile phone.