[meteorite-list] I have a problem with some rusting meteorites

From: Mike Hankey <mike.hankey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 20:32:51 -0400

Tim,

Funny I was going to ask the same exact question today.

I started collecting about 1 year ago and am starting to see rust on a
few different chondrites and on some irons including a Gibeon I bought
from Anne at the rock show in Feb. Anne thanks for the link to Bill
Mason's site. I will check that out.

I live in Maryland and it is moderate humidity here. Other than
sonny's recommendation for rust prevention aren't there other methods
/ products short of building a humidity controlled room. Maybe some
special salts, or a de-humidifier or something? One of the things I
read online was having bright/warm lights in the case where you keep
your meteorites.

Any other ideas out there?

Thanks,

Mike