[meteorite-list] Mysterious Rock Is a Meteorwrong (Tom River, New Jersey)

From: Michael Fowler <mqfowler_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 11:10:04 -0500

"There is also an equally mysterious square-shaped impression, as if made by one end of an Allen wrench."

If there is a composting, mulch or wood grinding operation nearby it could easily have been kicked out of a tubgrinder. The square shaped impression is the smoking gun, so to speak, where it was hit by the tub hammer.

"D'Addario said the object was warm to the touch."

I've picked up many rocks or pieces of industrial slag that are hot to touch when exposed after being inside of a compost pile.

Mike Fowler
E-Z Tree Recycling
Chicago