[meteorite-list] metachondrite

From: Steve Dunklee <steve.dunklee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 09:09:24 -0700 (PDT)

So by what I have read metachondrites are material that was once chondrite based on tfL what this suggests is you can take condrite material and have it accrete on a large parent body and make meta chondrite. I think it would be material that formed closer to the sun cooling quickly on one side giving it chondritic attributes and o isotopes closer to the tfL. Cheers Steve Dunklee