[meteorite-list] Attention Steve Arnold: Divining Iron Meteorites

From: Martin Altmann <altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 02:35:40 +0200

The Mom Copernici was named Barbara Watzenrode.
With the Second Peace of Torun in 1466, the town Torun became part of the
Polish Empire, Copernicus was born in 1473.
Since eternities German and Polish nationalists are arguing, whether
Copernicus was Polish or German
(and with the Americans whether Goebel or Edison had invented the light
bulb, and whether Weisskopf or Jatho were earlier then the Wright Brothers
and whether....).

As decisive authority, I commend IMCA-director Andrzej Pilski, who is living
in Frombork, where Copernicus is buried in the church.

Shhht Phil, I visited the same school like Einstein in Munich, the former
Neue Realgymnasium,
but it didn't help that much :-(

Hint: In the same street Einstein and his family lived,
you find today a place with the best porc knuckles of the town:
http://www.mux.de/images/object/87/1170163687.JPG

> Also isn't Albert Einstein jewish that lived in Germany until he was
kicked out by the Germans before WWII? Probably not a very smart move.

Einstein planned at this time to spent in future always half of the year in
Princeton, the other half in Berlin.
He was in USA, when Hitler was declared chancellor in 1933, so Einstein
decided not to return.
A wise decision. In 1933 at the Book Burning also Einstein's oeuvre was
burnt, in 1934 he was expatriated.
In fact the Germans in the period 1933-1945 kicked off or killed most of
their intellectual elite.

Meteorites?
I once bought a meteorite book by Emil Cohen,
it had a stamp of the Library of the University Greifswald, where he worked
20 years till he died and where he started his monumental work about
meteorites.
And it had also a Nazi-stamp: rejected.

Martin

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----