[meteorite-list] Attention Steve Arnold: Divining Iron Meteorites

From: JoshuaTreeMuseum <joshuatreemuseum_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 16:37:07 -0400

Chris:

I'm citing a 10-year study sponsored by the German Government conducted by
Dr. Hans-Dieter Betz of the Dep't of Physics at Munich that was published in
Stanford University's peer-reviewed Journal of Scientific Exploration. And
you're citing.............(drum roll please....cue up the kleig
lights......) The AMAZING RANDI!!!!!!

I forget, where did Randi get his Phd. again?

Anyone else see the humor in this?

Phil Whitmer

No. It is a reasonable assumption based on solid science and on past
experience. I didn't say the result was guaranteed. Scientifically, we can
prove nothing. But that doesn't mean that all ideas are of equal merit or
weight. It is perfectly rational to assume outcomes based on previous
knowledge. And like Randi, I'd be quite comfortable putting money on my
reasoned guess.

Chri