[meteorite-list] AD: Special: New subtype - the First L-Metachondrite - NWA 6348 prov.

From: Chladnis Heirs <news_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 15:32:34 +0200

Dear meteorite enthusiasts,

Today we release already the next stunning Special.

The differences and relations between PACs, 7ers and metachondrites were
already once in detail discussed here on the list,
- for those not remembering so well, we ? like always ? recommend David
Weir?s Meteorite Studies:
http://www.meteoritestudies.com/

Therefore this Special and this new meteorite doesn?t require a such verbose
introduction like usually.

So far there were LL-, H-, CM- and CR-metachondrites,
funny enough L-metachondrites were still missing.

With NWA 6348 prov. we announce:? Mission accomplished.

NWA 6348
was one stone, found this year, with a weight of 136g.
Averagely shocked with S3, nevertheless displaying various shock zones and
veins,
and with W2 somewhat less weathered than the average.

Here you have all specimens.

Prices:? 50$/g for the small polished slices from 3g to 10g.?
?????????40$/g for specimens >10g.
???????? (The main mass is currently on hold).

http://www.chladnis-heirs.com/special-nwa6348.html

Have a fine weekend!

Stefan Ralew & Martin Altmann

Chladni's Heirs
Munich - Berlin
Fine Meteorites for Science & Collectors

http://www.chladnis-heirs.com