[meteorite-list] Clay meteorites?

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 09:01:27 -0700 (PDT)

After reading this article, I have a question:
Do we have to keep an open mind to the possibility of finding a "clay meteorite"?
-- Bob V.

<http://blogs.nationalgeographic.com/blogs/news/breakingorbit/2010/10/geminids-meteor-shower-driven-by-exploding-clays.html>

 Exploding Clays Drive Geminids Sky Show?

++++++++
If the Geminids are the spawn of Pallas, their meteorites could teach us a lot about that huge and hard-to-reach parent body.

"Pallas is second largest asteroid [by volume], and we don't know much about it," Campins said.

"So if we actually have pieces of it that come to the Earth and could be recovered, we would have a free sample-return mission to the asteroid."