[meteorite-list] Try divining rods over a large iron

From: Meteorites USA <eric_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 21:29:48 -0700

Hi Phil, I think Chris was referring to Einstein's knowledge of the
physiological makeup of the human nervous system. Which Einstein would
probably not in fact be qualified to answer on. I would think that a
theoretical physicist would know a "little" about the physical system of
the human body however.

Einstein was a scientist, and must have studied something to that effect
during his long education. So yes I would agree that Joe down the street
"might" know more about physiology but that's highly unlikely.

Einstein, early on, wrote "The Investigation of the State of Aether in
Magnetic Fields". And we all know and have probably read about the
Special Theory of Relativity which I will not pretend to understand
fully. Some might argue that Dowsing is possible "because" of
electromagnetic fields "somehow". Though I do not subscribe to the
beliefs of dowsers, or dowsing in general, I would say that Einstein was
much more knowledgeable about electromagnetic fields, gravitational
fields, and physics of everything in the universe, than almost anyone.

Who better to ask about dowsing? Dowsing is arguable and there is no
hard scientific evidence it is real. However if Einstein were alive
today this might be an interesting question to ask. In fact I would
venture to say there is no better person to ask about the physics of it
than a theoretical physicist. Except maybe a theoretical physicist with
an open mind. Oh wait, that's doubly redundant.

;)

Regards,
Eric