[meteorite-list] Try divining rods over a large iron

From: JoshuaTreeMuseum <joshuatreemuseum_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 23:57:26 -0400

Chris,
Let me get this straight, the author of Special Relativity is unqualified to
offer an expert opinion on theoretical physics. I would be better off
conferring with Joe Blow from Kokomo, the guy that picks through the trash
in the alley. Joe claims to have invented string theory, but lost his
mathematical abilities in a motorcycle accident. Let me see now, when it
comes to matters of physics, I should appeal not the authority of the
inventor of E=mc2, but to Crazy Joe. Now that's what I would call fallacious
reasoning at its best!

Phil Whitmer

This is a lovely example of the logical fallacy called Appeal to Authority.

Einstein is no more qualified to offer an expert opinion on this matter than
your average Joe. His opinion should not impress anybody.

Chris