[meteorite-list] Try divining rods over a large iron

From: Richard Kowalski <damoclid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 16:10:51 -0700 (PDT)

Interesting story Graham.

I'm also not convinced by these claims and have never seen a truly uncorrupted experiment of these claims.

The closest thing I've seen was broadcast on TV over a decade ago, which I think originally aired in Australia. It was a supposed double-blind experiment run by none other than Randy himself.

I may not remember all of the particulars exactly but I do remember that the experiment involved a number of dowsers, 5 covered or buried plastic pipes and several different types of fluids, all involving multiple runs. I know water and gasoline were two of the fluids and various runs had the fluids both static and flowing.

Not unexpectedly, all of the results were random... All results with the exception of one. The dowsers were very obviously picking the correct pipe that contained flowing water. And I don't mean a slight increase in the statistics. It was strong positive result and an obvious anomaly in the data. Ever since then I've been intrigued by this result. Not convinced, but intrigued.

Unfortunately at the end of the program, the not-so-amazing Randy manipulated his results to show "no statistically significant" positive in the results, even though they had shown just the opposite and the chart of the results behind him also showed that there was. It was at that moment that the not-so-amazing Randy lost all credibility as a debunker and all of his results must be just as suspect as those results he claims to be disproving. He proved to me he and his results are untrustworthy. I've certainly ignored him ever since then.

I'm still waiting to see a real, double blind, uncorrupted experiment on this, several in fact, before I'm convinced that there is a real effect at work here.

--
Richard Kowalski
Full Moon Photography