[meteorite-list] very small possible

From: JoshuaTreeMuseum <joshuatreemuseum_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 21:48:49 -0400

Hi Michael:

Great story! It's just extremely highly unlikely that a person interested
in finding meteorites will ever see one fall right in front of him,
especially a mini, and then recover it. What with the lack of a fireball,
sonic boom, electrophonic sound waves and all the other attendant features
of a meteorite fall, it seems even more unlikely, maybe even impossible.
I've gotten several emails and heard several stories at the museum from
people seeing tiny meteorites fall in front of them, hitting them, their
cars, houses or whatever. I never know what to make of it.

Phil Whitmer