[meteorite-list] Meteorites Hunting in NW NV.

From: Richard Montgomery <rickmont_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 18:42:19 -0700

This is an extremely important issue. As a hand-shake visitor to privately
held ranches here in the gold-zone in California, we leave everything as
found...gates as found, land as found, holes filled and grasses replaced to
grow again...all for major reasons. First, respect for the land and
land-owners and the honor extended to me to hunt their property, second to
leave no sign of any hunt, this latter ever much so on public land for
obvious reasons. There is only a down-side to the alternative
irresposibility. We have an obligation to treat our gift of knowledge with
the utmost repsect, from not only a discovery potential but mostly to not
leave a blemish.