[meteorite-list] Professionals No Longer Sought

From: David Gunning <davidgunning_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 02:26:08 -0400 (EDT)

Steve,

What I seek is the knowledge to identify meteorite material.

A few years ago I was approached to authenticate and appraise an item of
meteorite jewelry. I realized, in the end, that I was unable to do so.
There was no way I could present evidence in a court of law to validate
a claim of whether or not a particular piece, an item of "meteorite"
jewelry was, in fact, of celestial origins or not.

I am a former member of the "Jewelers Vigilance Committee", the watchdog
group of the jewelry industry.

Thanks for your interest.

Dave Gunning

.