[meteorite-list] Professionals No Longer Sought

From: e-mail ensoramanda <ensoramanda_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 00:55:43 +0100

Hi Dave,

I think you will find in time that many of the most "professional"
meteorite dealers as you call them do not have to sell themselves hard
on the list or to individuals as they have built up their reputations
over many years and do not need to. There are many who deal
"professionally" too but have other main professions not related to
meteorites. Very few in the world hunt and deal full time and many
many excellent dealers are part time....many only use the list very
occasionally.

You may well have been contacted by 6 "professional" dealers but I
would take my time. Look around and study carefully what is on offer
that fits your needs from a wider field. Compare prices, quality and
check out the archives. It takes a while I have found.

I find the vast majority of people on the list are very "professional"
as collectors, scientists or dealers and as such any one of them may
be willing to help you out if you have a specific item you are after.

Regards

Graham UK IMCA#1835