[meteorite-list] Green Glowing Meteorites?

From: MEM <mstreman53_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 13:36:12 -0700 (PDT)

This is the bow wave which we see as a cross section of a cone. It is the
front boundary of a zone of compression twixt the bow wave and the surface of
the

meteor. The green color is from atmospheric oxygen being heated to the point of

emitting its spectra bands which when combined together appears as green light

The wave is usually too faint for a camera to pick up I'd love a link.

Elton