[meteorite-list] International Shipping/Customs Questions

From: Rob Holcomb <rob.holcomb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 22:07:08 -0700

That is a very interesting discussion and clearly points out the nuances of
the labeling and not the actual package contents. I had a package of
"geologic samples" opened once in US Customs, it was resealed with
approximately 2 rolls of TSA sealing tape because they couldn't figure out
how to close the container once they opened it. "The agent doesn't care
what it is, so long as it fits neatly and legally in the paperwork" is SO
true! Do you know about Vogons and their bureaucratic BS?
Rob H
http://www.insanecows.com
http://robholcomb.redbubble.com