[meteorite-list] Other Earths -- WAS: Re: Habitable Planet, etc.

From: Melanie Matthews <miss_meteorite_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 22:14:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Sterling, list.
Thanks a bunch for your imput! I came up with a fictional (though as plausible
as possible) rocky planet orbiting HIP 56948 - which I intend for it to have a
somewhat higher gravity than Earth's, but wasn't sure whether to make it bigger
like this new Super Earth. On it inhabits a sentient race of humanoids with
their own languages (one of which I'm working on), cultures, etc. Many to which
value meteorites as highly sacrad objects. I plan to publish this eventually..

So I'm kind of wondering in this point to make it it smaller than Earth (but
perhaps denser?)so that the surface area would be closer to its center of
gravity at the core.

All the best

-Melanie
IMCA: 2975
eBay: metmel2775
Known on SkyRock Cafe as SpaceCollector09

I eat, sleep and breath meteorites 24/7.