[meteorite-list] Ice Meteorites From Jesus

From: Mike Hankey <mike.hankey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 13:20:33 -0500

Not to ask a stupid question, but, isn't it safe to assume that ice
originating in outer space would never be able to make it down to
earth's surface due to the heat and pressure of the ablation process?

So even if there were blocks of alien filled ice floating around in
space, wouldn't these be melted/vaporized/destroyed by the time they
hit the surface? Is there any exception to this (like maybe a really
slow moving piece of ice, or a really really big piece of ice or a
really really small piece of ice)?

Also, I think someone should refer this guy to the experts at unco
meteorites, I've heard they have a lot of experience with this sort of
thing.