[meteorite-list] BLACK FRIDAY POP QUIZ Answer

From: LITIG8NSHARK at aol.com <LITIG8NSHARK_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 14:59:49 -0500 (EST)

Good afternoon Folks,

About 10 years ago I bought a small specimen of Calcalong Creek from Rob
Eliot. I sold about a dozen .0005 to .002 gram specimens of this meteorite
on eBay for $400.00 each. As available lunar material was tougher to come
by back then, and given the rarity of Calcalong Creek, none of my
Buy-It-Now listings on eBay lasted any more than a few hours. Conservatively, the
sales price of those specimens ranged from $200,000/g to about $800,000/g.

I decided to add a new, small specimen of Calcalong Creek to my collection
just a couple of months ago and I paid approximately $250,000/g for that
specimen---and felt darned lucky to get it at all.

Best regards,

Paul Martyn
Savannah, GA

In a message dated 11/28/2010 2:43:51 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,