[meteorite-list] sulphurous smell of meteorites (was Temperature ofmeteorites)

From: Jonathan E. Dongell <jdongell_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 17:02:21 -0800

All,
Is would seem logical (assuming the story is true) that if a dog can find a
meteorite
in the middle of a large field in West, Texas; and further, find that same
stone to be 'unusual' enough
(i.e. maybe sulfur-stinky???) to carry it back to his owner's front porch,
its not because the stone is pretty.... There must be some smell associated
with that rock???

If that dog is anything like ours, it could sniff out a cookie a mile away
: - )
What do you think???
Jonathan Dongell
IMCA 3922